1. Gallahue and Ozmun 2002 state that during adolescence?
- Both female and male weight increase due to an increase in muscle mass as well as height
- Male weight increases due to gains in height and muscle mass whilst female weight gains due to increases in fat mass and height
- Male weight increases more than female weight
- Male and Female weight increases slowly
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Fagan 1974 cited in smith et al states the difference between a functional approach and structural approach which is correct?
- A functional approach states that play does not have obvious or external goals whilst a structural approach describes the sort of behaviours involved in play
- A structural approach looks to the structure a functional approach looks into the structure in greater depth
- A functional approach looks to the justification behind play whilst a structural approach states the reasons for play
- A functional approach states that play does have obvious and external goals whilst a structural approach describes the sort of behaviours involved in play
3. Goncu et al 2002 cited in Smith et al state that?
- Adults perceive there to be greater sex differences in the choice of roles in socio-dramatic play and rough and tumble play than their actually is
- Sex differences in play become more prevalent as children reach 5 years
- There are sex differences in the choice of roles in socio-dramatic play and rough and tumble play
- There are no sex differences in the choice of roles in socio-dramatic play and rough and tumble play
4. Mercer 2005 discusses the benefits of exploratory talk which statement is correct?
- Children who use exploratory talk less often have been found to have very low academic attainment
- Children who were able to use exploratory talk in science and maths had better SATs results
- Children who use exploratory talk more often have a larger more enhanced vocabulary
- Children who were able to use exploratory talk in day to day life developed language at a faster rate
5. Findings by the department of education in 2013 evidenced that what % of pupils participate in at least 3 hours of PE and out of hours sport?