1. What is a Language acquisition device?
- An idea proposed by Noam Chomsky in the 1960s that suggested that the acquisition of language was not entirely due to learning, that babies are born with the ability to be able to use and produce language.
- A piece of technology created to help children learn to speak.
- The way in which children learn to speak.
- An idea proposed by Bruner in 1983 suggesting babies are born with the ability to use and produce language.
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is meant by the Root reflex?
- A stimulus.
- A voluntary reflex taught by mother to baby to ensure the survival of child
- An involuntary reflex used for survival, when the cheek of a baby is stroked the baby will turn its head and ****.
- A conditioned response
3. At which age range does the most rapid synaptic growth take place?
- 3-4 years
- 2-3 years
4. Mercer 2005 discusses the benefits of exploratory talk which statement is correct?
- Children who use exploratory talk more often have a larger more enhanced vocabulary
- Children who were able to use exploratory talk in science and maths had better SATs results
- Children who were able to use exploratory talk in day to day life developed language at a faster rate
- Children who use exploratory talk less often have been found to have very low academic attainment
5. What are the 3 different societal attitudes to play?
- Culturally positive play, culturally negative play and culturally neutral play
- Culturally disputed play, culturally encouraged play and culturally discouraged play
- Culturally curtailed play, culturally accepted play and culturally cultivated play.
- Culturally withdrawn play, culturally enforced play and culturally lapsed play