1. What are the 3 different societal attitudes to play?
- Culturally curtailed play, culturally accepted play and culturally cultivated play.
- Culturally positive play, culturally negative play and culturally neutral play
- Culturally disputed play, culturally encouraged play and culturally discouraged play
- Culturally withdrawn play, culturally enforced play and culturally lapsed play
1 of 19
Other questions in this quiz
2. Goncu et al 2002 cited in Smith et al state that?
- There are sex differences in the choice of roles in socio-dramatic play and rough and tumble play
- There are no sex differences in the choice of roles in socio-dramatic play and rough and tumble play
- Adults perceive there to be greater sex differences in the choice of roles in socio-dramatic play and rough and tumble play than their actually is
- Sex differences in play become more prevalent as children reach 5 years
3. By which birthday does Pickup and Price 2007 state that a child will typically have reached half their average height?
- 5th Birthday
- 6th Birthday
- 3rd Birthday
- 4th Birthday
4. Gallahue and Ozmun 2002 state that during adolescence?
- Both female and male weight increase due to an increase in muscle mass as well as height
- Male weight increases due to gains in height and muscle mass whilst female weight gains due to increases in fat mass and height
- Male weight increases more than female weight
- Male and Female weight increases slowly
5. Which theorist states that play is a way for children to develop confidence and master new skills?