1. What does communicative competence involve?
- Benefits of communication with others
- Knowing when to speak, how to take turns, how to involve others, and how to listen
- Confidence in own communication skills
- The ability to understand the communication of others alone
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Fagan 1974 cited in smith et al states the difference between a functional approach and structural approach which is correct?
- A functional approach states that play does not have obvious or external goals whilst a structural approach describes the sort of behaviours involved in play
- A structural approach looks to the structure a functional approach looks into the structure in greater depth
- A functional approach looks to the justification behind play whilst a structural approach states the reasons for play
- A functional approach states that play does have obvious and external goals whilst a structural approach describes the sort of behaviours involved in play
3. What are the 3 different societal attitudes to play?
- Culturally positive play, culturally negative play and culturally neutral play
- Culturally curtailed play, culturally accepted play and culturally cultivated play.
- Culturally withdrawn play, culturally enforced play and culturally lapsed play
- Culturally disputed play, culturally encouraged play and culturally discouraged play
4. Which theorist states that play is a way for children to develop confidence and master new skills?
5. By which birthday does Pickup and Price 2007 state that a child will typically have reached half their average height?
- 5th Birthday
- 6th Birthday
- 3rd Birthday
- 4th Birthday