1. Fagan 1974 cited in smith et al states the difference between a functional approach and structural approach which is correct?
- A structural approach looks to the structure a functional approach looks into the structure in greater depth
- A functional approach looks to the justification behind play whilst a structural approach states the reasons for play
- A functional approach states that play does not have obvious or external goals whilst a structural approach describes the sort of behaviours involved in play
- A functional approach states that play does have obvious and external goals whilst a structural approach describes the sort of behaviours involved in play
1 of 19
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which theorist is the belief that young people learn to speak through imitation and reward, praise reinforcing learning associated with?
3. Mercer 2005 discusses the benefits of exploratory talk which statement is correct?
- Children who use exploratory talk more often have a larger more enhanced vocabulary
- Children who were able to use exploratory talk in science and maths had better SATs results
- Children who were able to use exploratory talk in day to day life developed language at a faster rate
- Children who use exploratory talk less often have been found to have very low academic attainment
4. Who devised the treasure basket in 1994?
5. What is a Language acquisition device?
- An idea proposed by Noam Chomsky in the 1960s that suggested that the acquisition of language was not entirely due to learning, that babies are born with the ability to be able to use and produce language.
- The way in which children learn to speak.
- An idea proposed by Bruner in 1983 suggesting babies are born with the ability to use and produce language.
- A piece of technology created to help children learn to speak.