1. Mercer 2005 discusses the benefits of exploratory talk which statement is correct?
- Children who were able to use exploratory talk in science and maths had better SATs results
- Children who were able to use exploratory talk in day to day life developed language at a faster rate
- Children who use exploratory talk more often have a larger more enhanced vocabulary
- Children who use exploratory talk less often have been found to have very low academic attainment
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What does communicative competence involve?
- Benefits of communication with others
- The ability to understand the communication of others alone
- Knowing when to speak, how to take turns, how to involve others, and how to listen
- Confidence in own communication skills
3. ‘Synergy’ between siblings as they play together with younger children, imitating, repeating, echoing, listening and challenging is discussed in which source?
- Gallahue and Ozmun 2002
- Lindon 2007
- Gregory 2001
- Bee and Boyd 2014
4. What is meant by the Root reflex?
- An involuntary reflex used for survival, when the cheek of a baby is stroked the baby will turn its head and ****.
- A voluntary reflex taught by mother to baby to ensure the survival of child
- A conditioned response
- A stimulus.
5. Constabile 1992 cited in Smith et al states that play fighting is common from when?
- 4-6 years
- 3 years through to adolescence
- 1-5 years
- 3 to 10 years