1. How was it ensured that enough people attended the Assembly?
- Slaves would use a red rope to herd people into the Pnyx.
- Citizens would be fined if they did not attend at least once a year.
- Free wine would be given out to citizens who attended.
- Free donkeys and goats would be given to citizens who attended often.
1 of 12
Other questions in this quiz
2. What were the advantages of being on the Council of 500?
- Exclusion from tax
- Free food and paid a small fee
- Free accommodation for the period of sitting
- Free food and unlimited wine
3. How long did the chairman/leader of the Executive Committee sit?
- 24 Hours
- A year
- A month
- Two weeks
4. Who decided what was to be discussed during the Assembly?
- The Citizens who attended on the day
- The Council of 500
- The Executive Committee
- The politicians who were chosen to speak
5. Who could attend the Assembly?
- All citizens (male, over 18)
- All citizens (men and women over 18)
- All citizens (only men and slaves)
- Only members of the Executive Committee