1. Where did people stand when giving a speech?
- The Bema
- The Stage
- The Orchestra
- In front of the second column
1 of 12
Other questions in this quiz
2. How was it ensured that enough people attended the Assembly?
- Free wine would be given out to citizens who attended.
- Slaves would use a red rope to herd people into the Pnyx.
- Citizens would be fined if they did not attend at least once a year.
- Free donkeys and goats would be given to citizens who attended often.
3. What happened after an issue had been discussed?
- It would be recorded and burned as a sacrifice to Dionysus.
- The Assembly and Executive Committee would swear an oath to secrecy.
- The date and official who put the issue to vote was recorded.
- It would be recorded and burned as a sacrafice to Hermes.
4. What were the advantages of being on the Council of 500?
- Free food and paid a small fee
- Free food and unlimited wine
- Free accommodation for the period of sitting
- Exclusion from tax
5. What was the Executive Committee?
- The Politicians who spoke at the Assembly.
- An Isolated group separate from the Council of 500
- Part of the Council of 500
- The group of slaves that worked in the Assembly