1. How was it ensured that enough people attended the Assembly?
- Free wine would be given out to citizens who attended.
- Free donkeys and goats would be given to citizens who attended often.
- Slaves would use a red rope to herd people into the Pnyx.
- Citizens would be fined if they did not attend at least once a year.
1 of 12
Other questions in this quiz
2. What were the advantages of being on the Council of 500?
- Free food and paid a small fee
- Exclusion from tax
- Free food and unlimited wine
- Free accommodation for the period of sitting
3. How often did the Assembly meet?
- Once a month
- Every Sunday
- 40 times a year
- Twice a week
4. Who could attend the Assembly?
- All citizens (only men and slaves)
- Only members of the Executive Committee
- All citizens (male, over 18)
- All citizens (men and women over 18)
5. How long did the chairman/leader of the Executive Committee sit?
- Two weeks
- 24 Hours
- A month
- A year