1. Where did people stand when giving a speech?
- The Bema
- The Stage
- The Orchestra
- In front of the second column
1 of 12
Other questions in this quiz
2. How was it ensured that enough people attended the Assembly?
- Slaves would use a red rope to herd people into the Pnyx.
- Free donkeys and goats would be given to citizens who attended often.
- Citizens would be fined if they did not attend at least once a year.
- Free wine would be given out to citizens who attended.
3. How often did the Assembly meet?
- 40 times a year
- Every Sunday
- Twice a week
- Once a month
4. Who ate, slept and lived in a roundhouse?
- The Executive Committee
- The Chairman and his family
- The Council of 500
- The Wives of the Council of 500
5. Which individual was the leader of the Assembly?
- Whichever speaker had the most votes at the start of the meeting
- Whoever arrived at the Pnyx first on the day of the meeting.
- Whichever chairman whose sitting coincided with the day of the Assembly
- Whichever citizen had attended the most Assembly meetings in the past year