1. What happened after an issue had been discussed?
- The Assembly and Executive Committee would swear an oath to secrecy.
- The date and official who put the issue to vote was recorded.
- It would be recorded and burned as a sacrifice to Dionysus.
- It would be recorded and burned as a sacrafice to Hermes.
1 of 12
Other questions in this quiz
2. What were the advantages of being on the Council of 500?
- Exclusion from tax
- Free food and unlimited wine
- Free food and paid a small fee
- Free accommodation for the period of sitting
3. How long did the chairman/leader of the Executive Committee sit?
- A month
- 24 Hours
- A year
- Two weeks
4. What responsibility did the Executive Committee have?
- To be in charge of Athens during the Lenaia and Dionysia Festivals.
- To be in charge of Athens in an emergency
- To be in charge of Greece in war time
- To be in charge of Sparta once the Greeks had invaded their territory
5. What was the Executive Committee?
- Part of the Council of 500
- An Isolated group separate from the Council of 500
- The group of slaves that worked in the Assembly
- The Politicians who spoke at the Assembly.