1. What were the advantages of being on the Council of 500?
- Exclusion from tax
- Free food and paid a small fee
- Free accommodation for the period of sitting
- Free food and unlimited wine
1 of 12
Other questions in this quiz
2. Who decided what was to be discussed during the Assembly?
- The Citizens who attended on the day
- The politicians who were chosen to speak
- The Council of 500
- The Executive Committee
3. What responsibility did the Executive Committee have?
- To be in charge of Greece in war time
- To be in charge of Athens in an emergency
- To be in charge of Sparta once the Greeks had invaded their territory
- To be in charge of Athens during the Lenaia and Dionysia Festivals.
4. Where did people stand when giving a speech?
- The Bema
- In front of the second column
- The Stage
- The Orchestra
5. How often did the Assembly meet?
- Once a month
- Every Sunday
- 40 times a year
- Twice a week