1. Who ate, slept and lived in a roundhouse?
- The Executive Committee
- The Chairman and his family
- The Council of 500
- The Wives of the Council of 500
1 of 12
Other questions in this quiz
2. What were the advantages of being on the Council of 500?
- Exclusion from tax
- Free food and paid a small fee
- Free accommodation for the period of sitting
- Free food and unlimited wine
3. Which individual was the leader of the Assembly?
- Whichever speaker had the most votes at the start of the meeting
- Whichever chairman whose sitting coincided with the day of the Assembly
- Whichever citizen had attended the most Assembly meetings in the past year
- Whoever arrived at the Pnyx first on the day of the meeting.
4. What responsibility did the Executive Committee have?
- To be in charge of Athens in an emergency
- To be in charge of Sparta once the Greeks had invaded their territory
- To be in charge of Greece in war time
- To be in charge of Athens during the Lenaia and Dionysia Festivals.
5. What happened after an issue had been discussed?
- The date and official who put the issue to vote was recorded.
- The Assembly and Executive Committee would swear an oath to secrecy.
- It would be recorded and burned as a sacrafice to Hermes.
- It would be recorded and burned as a sacrifice to Dionysus.