1. What is economic leakage?
- When a company is based in one country but has outlets all over the world
- When hotels, attractions ect are owned by foreign companies and the profits end up abroad
- When tourists spend money in a country and the locals then have more money
- When tourists spend too much money
1 of 11
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which of these is not a way technology has helped the tourism industry?
- International transport is better, faster and cheaper
- People want to go abroad because they know aeroplanes are becoming more eco-friendly
- Internet booking is more accessible
- Better healthcare makes it easier for people with illnesses/old people to go on holiday
3. How many people are employed full-time in the British tourism industry?
4. Which of these is not an attraction to city breaks?
- Good weather
- Designer brands
5. How many people does the Jamaican tourist industry employ?