1. Murray: the generosity of welfare state has led to more l.p.fs and unemployed men, leading to the rise of the what?
- Unskilled labour worker
- Benefit-fixated subculture
- Married woman
1 of 18
Other questions in this quiz
2. Tham: criticises Murray, as he found that Sweden also had welfare benefits - but in Sweden there was:
- A stronger common history
- More employment only
- Less unemployment, less inequality and less inprisonment (even though Swedish benefits were higher)
- Less of a moral panic about benefits
3. Subcultural theorists - Cloward & Ohlin created 3 responses to why w/c members deviate in different ways. These were:
- Rebellion, victimised and poor groups
- Criminal, ideological and harmful subcultures
- Criminal, conflict and retreatist subcultures
- Repressive, deterministic and critical subcultures
4. Which is not one of Merton's strain theory groups?
5. Cohen: formed the idea that criminal subcultures invert the values of mainstream society (what society condemns, they praise). This was known as the...
- Opposite values hierarchy
- Alternative status hierarchy
- Inverted delinquency order
- Criminal subculture structure