1. Cohen: formed the idea that criminal subcultures invert the values of mainstream society (what society condemns, they praise). This was known as the...
- Opposite values hierarchy
- Alternative status hierarchy
- Inverted delinquency order
- Criminal subculture structure
1 of 18
Other questions in this quiz
2. Tham: criticises Murray, as he found that Sweden also had welfare benefits - but in Sweden there was:
- A stronger common history
- More employment only
- Less unemployment, less inequality and less inprisonment (even though Swedish benefits were higher)
- Less of a moral panic about benefits
3. Parsons: goal attainment means that we all...
- can attain different goals
- share the same goals
- want to battle for goals
- have the same ideas
4. Marxists criticise functionalist views for not having a march of progress viewpoint. Also, Marxists say that socialisation teaches about...
- The family and nothing else
- Nothing but positive things
- The ruling class' ideology
- The improvements of class inequality over time
5. Functionalists aim to maintain what?
- The ability to create a revolution
- Social order