1. Which of the following is not a characteristic of the underclass?
- Part-time employment
- Acceptance of crime and deviance
- Illegitimacy (kids outside marriage)
- High rates of long term unemployment
1 of 18
Other questions in this quiz
2. Tham: criticises Murray, as he found that Sweden also had welfare benefits - but in Sweden there was:
- A stronger common history
- Less unemployment, less inequality and less inprisonment (even though Swedish benefits were higher)
- Less of a moral panic about benefits
- More employment only
3. Which is not one of Merton's strain theory groups?
4. Cohen: formed the idea that criminal subcultures invert the values of mainstream society (what society condemns, they praise). This was known as the...
- Opposite values hierarchy
- Alternative status hierarchy
- Inverted delinquency order
- Criminal subculture structure
5. Parsons: there are 2 types of agents of social control. These are:
- Formal and informal
- Repressive and ideological
- Harsh and pleasant
- Positivist and interpretivist