1. Durkheim believes that society needs a what?
- Way of displaying norms
- Element of trust
- Common history (social solidarity)
- Bond of attachment
1 of 18
Other questions in this quiz
2. Cohen: formed the idea that criminal subcultures invert the values of mainstream society (what society condemns, they praise). This was known as the...
- Opposite values hierarchy
- Criminal subculture structure
- Alternative status hierarchy
- Inverted delinquency order
3. Parsons: goal attainment means that we all...
- can attain different goals
- share the same goals
- want to battle for goals
- have the same ideas
4. Cicourel criticises Merton, because...
- The official stats used by Merton exaggerate w/c crime, as the w/c do experience the most strain, yet they don't all deviate.
- Innovators aren't a real group in society, but merely an exaggeration of other groups.
- Merton over-defends the working class, even though they do experience the largest strain.
- He is vague in analysing the types of groups.
5. Marxists criticise functionalist views for not having a march of progress viewpoint. Also, Marxists say that socialisation teaches about...
- The ruling class' ideology
- The family and nothing else
- Nothing but positive things
- The improvements of class inequality over time