- Created by: Katieh1529
- Created on: 24-06-18 12:21
1. which of these were the 4 limiting factors of the Ancien Regime?
- The king had to take advice on important decisions; advisers/ministers coming from a pool of career administers and courtiers; bound by laws and customs of France; needed consent of the noble elite.
- Marie Antoinette being too much of an influence on Louis, louis only being 16 years old when crownd king; France's increasing population; Frane being bankrupt
- bound by laws; ministers undermind the king; the french people had ot have a say; rench government
- other countries; french system of government; the palace of versailles being 12 miles away from paris; Marie Antoinette
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What did the church have control over?
- taxes; towns; countryside
- Everything from the other 3 answers
- education; hospitals; poor relief
- education; all of frenchland; taxes
3. what were the key weaknesses of absolutism and the structure of the Ancien Regime?
- problems of government and taxation; couldn't be reformed; tensions in society grew
- taxation; church wanting more money; the government being in control
- the king; the moarchy; paris government
4. what were the 3rd estate dependant on?
- their children
- government issues
- price of bread
5. what were the nobility exempt from?
- annual grant; paying towards church income
- newer taxes linked to income, avoided paying every tax just like the 1st estate
- heaviest tax, the tailles (land tax); the corvees royales (labour service on the roads); military conscription
- paying rents and taxes; paying the gabelle (salt tax);
Similar History resources: