1. Energy is required by all organisms. In humans, what percentage should come from carbohydrates?
1 of 19
Other questions in this quiz
2. What does HIV stand for?
- human Immunol viral infection
- human immunodefinciey virus
- human immune virus
3. CHD is a disease caused by excess energy intake. What happens to lead to the development of CHD?
- Excess fats are deposited along the coronary arteries and cause the artery to become narrower and less elasticated so blood pressure drops causing blood flow to be less effective
- Excess fats taken in get deposited along coronary artery walls leading to atherosclerosis. Blood flow is restricted and cells are starved of oxygen
- Excess fats are deposited along coronary arteries and cause a blood to become restricted and so a clot forms blocking the artery
4. What is meant by the term 'balanced diet' ?
- a diet that is based on carbohydrates to gain energy
- a diet that contains all the nutrients required for good health - in appropriate portions
- a diet that contains higher quantities of fruit & veg and proteins and cuts out fats and dairy
5. State the 5 groups of diseases.
- bacteria, virus fungus, hyphae, protoctists
- bacteria, virus , fungus, parasite, pathogen
- bacteria, virus, enzymes , ticks, mites
Similar Biology resources: