1. What does HIV stand for?
- human Immunol viral infection
- human immunodefinciey virus
- human immune virus
1 of 19
Other questions in this quiz
2. state the function of a insecticide
- a Chemical that kills birds
- A chemical that kills insects
- A chemical that kills fungi
3. Define the term 'disease'.
- A micro-organism that affects a host by damaging it
- A departure from good health , a malfunction of the body / mind
- An illness that causes symptoms on the body
4. CHD is a disease caused by excess energy intake. What happens to lead to the development of CHD?
- Excess fats are deposited along the coronary arteries and cause the artery to become narrower and less elasticated so blood pressure drops causing blood flow to be less effective
- Excess fats taken in get deposited along coronary artery walls leading to atherosclerosis. Blood flow is restricted and cells are starved of oxygen
- Excess fats are deposited along coronary arteries and cause a blood to become restricted and so a clot forms blocking the artery
5. What the the main types of transmission of diseases?
- vectors, droplet infection, food contimination
- physical contact, droplet infection, vectors
- physical contact, sharing of needles, coughing
Similar Biology resources: