1. CHD is a disease caused by excess energy intake. What happens to lead to the development of CHD?
- Excess fats taken in get deposited along coronary artery walls leading to atherosclerosis. Blood flow is restricted and cells are starved of oxygen
- Excess fats are deposited along coronary arteries and cause a blood to become restricted and so a clot forms blocking the artery
- Excess fats are deposited along the coronary arteries and cause the artery to become narrower and less elasticated so blood pressure drops causing blood flow to be less effective
1 of 19
Other questions in this quiz
2. What are the two types of lipoproteins made of?
- Lipids, proteins, starch and salts
- Lipids , proteins and cholesterol
- Lipids , glucose , proteins and starch
3. Excess energy intake will result in what?
- Weight loss
4. Quorn is example of a mycoprotein. What is made from?
- An edible fungus , Fusarium veneatum
- An edible enzyme,Ethelyene Tryase
- An edible bacterium , Clostridium botulinum
5. Define the term 'disease'.
- A micro-organism that affects a host by damaging it
- A departure from good health , a malfunction of the body / mind
- An illness that causes symptoms on the body
Similar Biology resources: