1. In the 1430's, which was the strongest and most important trading state?
1 of 5
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which Portuguese explorer was the first to travel around the southern tip of Africa in 1448?
- Pedro Cabral
- Prince Henry 'the Navigator'
- Bartholomew Diaz
- Vasco da Gama
3. When was the Portuguese discovery of Cape Bojador?
4. When was Christopher Columbus born?
5. The Kingdom of Castile (Spain) was largely...
- a land-based empire
- superior to Portugal
- a series of trading and staging posts