1. The Kingdom of Castile (Spain) was largely...
- a series of trading and staging posts
- a land-based empire
- superior to Portugal
1 of 5
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which Portuguese explorer was the first to travel around the southern tip of Africa in 1448?
- Pedro Cabral
- Bartholomew Diaz
- Vasco da Gama
- Prince Henry 'the Navigator'
3. When was the Portuguese discovery of Cape Bojador?
4. In the 1430's, which was the strongest and most important trading state?
5. When was Christopher Columbus born?