1. In the 1430's, which was the strongest and most important trading state?
1 of 5
Other questions in this quiz
2. When was the Portuguese discovery of Cape Bojador?
3. When was Christopher Columbus born?
4. Which Portuguese explorer was the first to travel around the southern tip of Africa in 1448?
- Bartholomew Diaz
- Pedro Cabral
- Prince Henry 'the Navigator'
- Vasco da Gama
5. The Kingdom of Castile (Spain) was largely...
- a land-based empire
- superior to Portugal
- a series of trading and staging posts