1. What effect do root hair cells have on the surface area for absorption?
- Increases absorption
- Decreases absorption
1 of 9
Other questions in this quiz
2. What would cause a plant to close it's stomata?
- If the plant is losing more water that it's absorbing.
- Hot weather
3. How do plants absorb mineral ions from the soil?
- Active Transport
4. What factors increase the rate of transpiration?
- Calmer conditions
- Higher temperature, windier and dryer conditions.
- Colder temperature
5. What is the function of stomata?
- To control the water loss of the plant
- To control oxygen loss of the plant
- To control carbon dioxide loss of the plant