1. What does Iris tell Hector to do in this book?
- Wait until Agamemnon is wounded before he attacks the Achaean line.
- Wait until Achilles has returned to war before the Trojans offer a truce.
- Wait until Helen is returned to Menelaus before advancing on Achaean lines.
- Wait until the storm has passed before retreating from the Achaean line.
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is Patroclus asked to do when he visits the Achaean camp?
- Disguise himself as Paris and infiltrate Trojan ranks to expose tactics.
- Convince Achilles to fight or disguise himself as Achilles and fight in his place.
- Discourage Achilles from fighting as his presence will only serve to make matters worse.
- Disguise himself as Hector or Priam and infiltrate Ilium to kidnap Helen and return her to Menelaus.
3. Why does Machaon get taken to the Achaean camp in a chariot?
- He is needed to heal the wounds of Odysseus who is to kidnap Helen.
- The Achaean line has yet to be attacked by the Trojans therefore he would be safest there.
- He has been wounded by Paris in battle when the Trojans attacked the Achaean line.
- He accidentally wounded Agamemnon in battle and is about to be tortured.
4. What does Achilles see from his camp in this book?
- Agamemnon go past wounded on horseback.
- The corpse of Diomedes pass by in a chariot.
- The wounded Achaean healer in a chariot.
- The wounded Achaean priest of Apollo go past on horseback.
5. What does Zeus do at the beginning of Book 11?
- Rains blood on the Achaean camp.
- Sends Athene to negotiate with the Trojans.
- Sends a flood to the Trojan camp.
- Directs strong winds against the Achaean army.
Similar Classical Civilization resources: