1. Which of these DIDN'T happen in 1583?
- Duke of Parma makes headway in the Netherlands
- Phillip orders the construction of a large navy
- De Menodza involves himself in the Throckmorton Pot
1 of 9
Other questions in this quiz
2. In what year did Spain attack Hawkins at San Juan de Ulva?
3. In which year did Elizabeth expel the Dutch Sea Beggars from English ports, leading to the Revolt of the Netherlands?
4. Which of these WASN'T a consequence of Elizabeth taking over the Genoese loan to Spain?
- Trade embargo
- Peace Treaty
- Phillip seized all English property in Spain
- Alva seizes all English ships and property in the Netherlands
5. When did Elizabeth try to tell Phillip to accept the pacifcation of Ghent and recall Don Juan?