1. In what year did Spain attack Hawkins at San Juan de Ulva?
1 of 9
Other questions in this quiz
2. When did Elizabeth try to tell Phillip to accept the pacifcation of Ghent and recall Don Juan?
3. In which year did Elizabeth expel the Dutch Sea Beggars from English ports, leading to the Revolt of the Netherlands?
4. What was the 'Spanish Fury' in 1576?
- Massacre of Protestants in the Netherlands
- Mutiny of Spanish army
- Spanish attack on English army
5. Which of these WASN'T a consequence of Elizabeth taking over the Genoese loan to Spain?
- Trade embargo
- Alva seizes all English ships and property in the Netherlands
- Peace Treaty
- Phillip seized all English property in Spain