1. What is a common feature of the telegraphic stage?
- that children have grammatically complex combinations
- that children use two word combinations
- that children commonly omit function words
- that children use holophrases
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. What did the behaviourist Skinner say?
- Langyage development goes hand in hand with the development of thinking and knowledge (cognitive development).
- When children hear examples or language they fit these into their (unconscious) mental model of how language works.
- Children learn to speak by imitating their parents and being rewarded or punished according to the accuracy of their utterances
- Language is social 'children learn to use language initially... to get what they want, to play games, to stay connected to those whom are dependent.
3. Who identified that Language Acquisition support system?
4. Whats an ascender?
- using symbols to express meaning
- parts of letters that go down from the line
- parts of letters that go up from the line
- understanding that in English we write from left to right
5. What is meant by the imaginative stage identified by Halliday
- that children use language to express feelings, and express growing perceptions of the self
- that language is used to control the actions of others
- that children use language to cross the boundary between reality and fantasty
- that children use language to communicate factual information