1. Who distinguishes between rapid deaths and slow deaths: silent regressions from democratic to semi-democratic rule?
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. After what year was democracy the most common system globally?
3. Which two countries does Horowitz say would have benefited from adopting their presidential systems earlier in moderating conflicts?
- Malaysia and Sierra Leone
- Sri Lanka and Nigeria
- Indonesia and Ghana
4. Which pair say 'economic crises represent one of the most common threats to democratic stability'?
- Huntington and Emerald
- Linz and Diamond
- Sartori and Gold
- Cheibub and Ruby
5. Who finds that in a study of 83 young democracies 'on average premier-presidential regimes have better freedom house scores and a better chance of democratic survival'?
- Moe and Caldwell