1. Which of the following is not a reason why the combination of presidentialism and multipartism is destabilizing according to Mainwaring?
- more likely to produce ideological polarization
- president can't be partisan enough
- likely to produce legislative deadlock
- difficulties with interparty coalition building
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which of the following is not a form of semi-presidentialism?
- president-parliamentism (PM and cabinet chosen by pres and responsible to it)
- premier-presidentialism (pres chosen by leg)
3. Who says 'Winner-take-all is a function of electoral systems, not of institutions in the abstract'?
4. Who suggests that semi-pres supports democratic survival by virtue of its flexibility?
- Moe and Caldwell
- Skach and Shugart
- Pasquino and Sartori
- Shugart and Carey
5. Which of the following is not an unconsolidated germinal democracy with temporarily slipped back into authoritarianism?