1. What effect do Przeworski et al find low economic development, a presidential exec and military authoritarian past have on consolidation?
- all make consolidation less likely but have no effect on reversals to authoritarianism
- all make democratic consolidation less likely and encourage reversals to authoritarianism
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Who says that natural resources and womens' role in Muslim societies are the main obstacles to democratization there?
3. How many wars have been fought between non-democracies and non-democracies between 1816 and 1991?
4. What does the duration of democratic survival depend on?
- whether they came from revolution (movements become parties)
- history of military dictatorship
5. Why is Linz' example of Allende's exacerbation of social conflict in Chile undermined?
- presidents before Allende 'actually bolstered centrist, moderating tendencies'
- it is presented in a partisan way