1. Which pair say that you need to have a recession for a revolution (the only exception being perhaps Syria)?
- Marks and Spencer
- Acemoglu and Robinson
- Evans and Tilley
- Boix and Stokes
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Who says that the winner-takes-all feature of the Westminster model is responsible for authoritarianism in post-colonial Africa and Asia?
3. Who says that there must be sufficient social organisation and social capital for a society to have a revolution and times of crisis can make the collective action problem easier to solve?
4. Who thinks that democracy became popular for macrosociological reasons of modernization and rising standards of education?
5. What effect do Przeworski et al find low economic development, a presidential exec and military authoritarian past have on consolidation?
- all make consolidation less likely but have no effect on reversals to authoritarianism
- all make democratic consolidation less likely and encourage reversals to authoritarianism