1. Which of the following is not a critique of Huntington's waves of democracy analysis presented by Doorenspleet?
- it doesn't account for level of democratic participation
- conceptual: it fails to provide a clear and meaningful distinction between democratic and nondemocratic regimes
- methodological: the number of states in the world changes to using a percentage is misleading
- it ignores the inclusivity dimension (Dahl's criteria for democracy)
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which pair say 'economic crises represent one of the most common threats to democratic stability'?
- Huntington and Emerald
- Cheibub and Ruby
- Linz and Diamond
- Sartori and Gold
3. What percentage of the world's states were semi-presidential in 2002?
4. Why is Linz' example of Allende's exacerbation of social conflict in Chile undermined?
- presidents before Allende 'actually bolstered centrist, moderating tendencies'
- it is presented in a partisan way
5. What, according to Huntington is a wave of democratization?
- a group of transitions from nondemocratic to democratic regimes that occur within a period of time that significantly outnumber transitions in the opposite direction during that period of time
- a period in which democracy is consolidated across the majority of democratic regimes