1. How big an increase was there in adult voluntary associational behaviour between 1959 and 1990
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Who finds that associational life has no impact on political trust but social trust does?
3. What are Paxton's requirements for positive associations?
- objective associations and reciprocal, trusting, involving emotion
- must be close friends
- must bond across generations
- must be different classes
4. Who stressed that associations which join the wider community have a positive effect of democracy whereas isolated associations have a negative effect?
5. Orbell and Dawes' virtuous circle due to anticipated cooperation prompting cooperative behaviour is accompanied by what?
- higher social trust
- a vicious circle