1. What are Paxton's requirements for positive associations?
- must be different classes
- objective associations and reciprocal, trusting, involving emotion
- must bond across generations
- must be close friends
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Why is Mexico not an example of the civic culture?
- too young a democracy
- underlying military tensions
- lack of experience of political input and rejection of political output
- lacks passive output satisfaction
3. What can citizens not have in the civic culture?
- compete loyalty
- political participation
- free speech
- political orientation
4. Who finds that generalized reciprocity is associated with better governmental performance but social connectedness is not, in a study of the US state governments?
- Peter Hall
- Stephen Knack
- Brehm and Rahn
5. Why is the USA not an example of the civic culture?
- the electorate is too religious
- the separation of powers is too polarizing
- it has a 'strain of immobility which often pervades the American political process'
- the electorate is too partisan