1. Who finds that the middle classes have twice as many associations as the working class, but they do not last as long?
- Brehm and Rahn
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Who found that social capital affects democracy and democracy affects social capital?
3. What was especially conducive to the spread of informal sociability in Britain?
- Increased welfare provision
- Bingo Halls
- Part-time contracts
4. Who finds that associational life has no impact on political trust but social trust does?
5. What are Paxton's requirements for positive associations?
- must bond across generations
- objective associations and reciprocal, trusting, involving emotion
- must be close friends
- must be different classes