1. Who said this: "Some members of our armed forces acted wrongly, and the government take responsibility for the armed forces"
- Tony Blair
- A family member of one of the victims
- David Cameron
- Political activists
1 of 16
Other questions in this quiz
2. Ireland could not cope with the escalating violence. Many Catholic areas became untouchable for Police. Who did the police turn to?
- the Provisional IRA
- The British army
- the IRA
3. After this the Widgery tribunal recieved over 700 witnesses but only a few were listened to, how many?
- 117 including doctors priests etc
- 164 including doctors priests etc
- 300 including doctors priests etc
- 72 including doctors priests etc
4. The Saville enquiry of 1997 cost £200 million and took 12 years to reach a verdict but what was the verdict?
- Tribunal confirms that some of the victims were innocent, and that British soldiers deliberately lied and attempted to cover up what happened.
- Tribunal confirms victims were innocent, and that British soldiers deliberately lied and attempted to cover up what happened.
- The vistims were innocent however the British soldiers, who acted against orders were to blame the army were not to blame.
- The events on bloody Sunday cannot be clearly established however, the protesters fired the first shot but the army were still out of line.
5. After bloody Sunday the IRA retaliated but how?
- They bombed the 1 PARA base in Britain claiming many cassulties
- They took troops as hostages
- They attacked the 1 PARA base in Britain homeland and killed kitchen staff, a priest and a gardener
- They set off mail bombs at the 1 PARA troops