1. Who mainly made up the attackers at the battle of Burnthall at Bridge, making the Catholics feel very unsafe?
- The IRA
- The first battalion of the parachute regiment
- Off-duty police officers
- Radical youth
1 of 16
Other questions in this quiz
2. After this a trial was held only 10 weeks later. What story did the troops maintain?
- They were shot at first
- They were only obeying orders
- They were at fault
- the dead men were all IRA activists who were shooting aimlessly at the crowd
3. What did many Catholics turn to after feeling unsafe?
4. After this the Widgery tribunal recieved over 700 witnesses but only a few were listened to, how many?
- 72 including doctors priests etc
- 117 including doctors priests etc
- 300 including doctors priests etc
- 164 including doctors priests etc
5. What happened in 1971?
- The policy of Internment was introduced
- Catholics and Protestant mobs began a war
- Marches in Derry
- The first battalion of the parachute regiment moved in on barricades