1. After bloody Sunday the IRA retaliated but how?
- They took troops as hostages
- They attacked the 1 PARA base in Britain homeland and killed kitchen staff, a priest and a gardener
- They bombed the 1 PARA base in Britain claiming many cassulties
- They set off mail bombs at the 1 PARA troops
1 of 16
Other questions in this quiz
2. What did many Catholics turn to after feeling unsafe?
3. Who said this: "Some members of our armed forces acted wrongly, and the government take responsibility for the armed forces"
- David Cameron
- A family member of one of the victims
- Political activists
- Tony Blair
4. After this a trial was held only 10 weeks later. What story did the troops maintain?
- They were at fault
- the dead men were all IRA activists who were shooting aimlessly at the crowd
- They were shot at first
- They were only obeying orders
5. Who mainly made up the attackers at the battle of Burnthall at Bridge, making the Catholics feel very unsafe?
- The IRA
- The first battalion of the parachute regiment
- Off-duty police officers
- Radical youth