1. It is thought that around 15000 marchers would march in 1972 on Bloody Sunday. But where we they to march to?
- Catholic controlled areas
- The Derry town centre
- Protestant controlled areas
1 of 16
Other questions in this quiz
2. What did many Catholics turn to after feeling unsafe?
3. What was the overall conclusion of the trial?
- no deaths would have occurred if the march had not taken place. Concluded each soldier had to react individually and quickly if they saw a gunman.
- The march was always intended as a mob strike. The troops acted bravely in the situation
- It was the fault of only Catholic and Protestant mobs.
- The troops did not kill any innocent people.
4. The 1 PARA troops were stationed to divert the marchers. What casualties occurred during the march?
- 17 injured
- 13 dead mean including 1 soldier and 17 injured
- 13 dead unarmed men, 17 injured
- 13 dead men
5. Who said this: "Some members of our armed forces acted wrongly, and the government take responsibility for the armed forces"
- Tony Blair
- A family member of one of the victims
- David Cameron
- Political activists