1. The IRA split, many new young and more radical Catholics joined, what did the second group become known as?
- The Provisional IRA
- IRA Youth movement
1 of 16
Other questions in this quiz
2. The Saville enquiry of 1997 cost £200 million and took 12 years to reach a verdict but what was the verdict?
- The vistims were innocent however the British soldiers, who acted against orders were to blame the army were not to blame.
- Tribunal confirms victims were innocent, and that British soldiers deliberately lied and attempted to cover up what happened.
- The events on bloody Sunday cannot be clearly established however, the protesters fired the first shot but the army were still out of line.
- Tribunal confirms that some of the victims were innocent, and that British soldiers deliberately lied and attempted to cover up what happened.
3. The 1960s movement for inequalities was against the Catholic versus Protestant violence. In January of 1969, Catholic organised marchers were attacked by protestants, but were?
- The Bogside march
- Battle of Bogside
- Battle of Burnthall at Bridge
- The Derry march
4. Who mainly made up the attackers at the battle of Burnthall at Bridge, making the Catholics feel very unsafe?
- The IRA
- Off-duty police officers
- Radical youth
- The first battalion of the parachute regiment
5. The 1 PARA troops were stationed to divert the marchers. What casualties occurred during the march?
- 13 dead unarmed men, 17 injured
- 17 injured
- 13 dead mean including 1 soldier and 17 injured
- 13 dead men