1. After this a trial was held only 10 weeks later. What story did the troops maintain?
- They were shot at first
- They were only obeying orders
- They were at fault
- the dead men were all IRA activists who were shooting aimlessly at the crowd
1 of 16
Other questions in this quiz
2. What year was Northern Ireland established?
3. The 1960s movement for inequalities was against the Catholic versus Protestant violence. In January of 1969, Catholic organised marchers were attacked by protestants, but were?
- The Derry march
- Battle of Burnthall at Bridge
- Battle of Bogside
- The Bogside march
4. After this the Widgery tribunal recieved over 700 witnesses but only a few were listened to, how many?
- 72 including doctors priests etc
- 117 including doctors priests etc
- 300 including doctors priests etc
- 164 including doctors priests etc
5. Who mainly made up the attackers at the battle of Burnthall at Bridge, making the Catholics feel very unsafe?
- Off-duty police officers
- The first battalion of the parachute regiment
- Radical youth
- The IRA