- Created by: MissEmilieBeth
- Created on: 26-05-15 15:57
1. After bloody Sunday the IRA retaliated but how?
- They took troops as hostages
- They attacked the 1 PARA base in Britain homeland and killed kitchen staff, a priest and a gardener
- They bombed the 1 PARA base in Britain claiming many cassulties
- They set off mail bombs at the 1 PARA troops
1 of 16
Other questions in this quiz
2. After this a trial was held only 10 weeks later. What story did the troops maintain?
- They were at fault
- the dead men were all IRA activists who were shooting aimlessly at the crowd
- They were shot at first
- They were only obeying orders
3. What was the overall conclusion of the trial?
- The troops did not kill any innocent people.
- The march was always intended as a mob strike. The troops acted bravely in the situation
- no deaths would have occurred if the march had not taken place. Concluded each soldier had to react individually and quickly if they saw a gunman.
- It was the fault of only Catholic and Protestant mobs.
4. Who mainly made up the attackers at the battle of Burnthall at Bridge, making the Catholics feel very unsafe?
- Off-duty police officers
- Radical youth
- The IRA
- The first battalion of the parachute regiment
5. The IRA split, many new young and more radical Catholics joined, what did the second group become known as?
- IRA Youth movement
- The Provisional IRA