1. After bloody Sunday the IRA retaliated but how?
- They attacked the 1 PARA base in Britain homeland and killed kitchen staff, a priest and a gardener
- They set off mail bombs at the 1 PARA troops
- They bombed the 1 PARA base in Britain claiming many cassulties
- They took troops as hostages
1 of 16
Other questions in this quiz
2. It is thought that around 15000 marchers would march in 1972 on Bloody Sunday. But where we they to march to?
- The Derry town centre
- Protestant controlled areas
- Catholic controlled areas
3. The 1 PARA troops were stationed to divert the marchers. What casualties occurred during the march?
- 13 dead unarmed men, 17 injured
- 13 dead mean including 1 soldier and 17 injured
- 13 dead men
- 17 injured
4. The 1960s movement for inequalities was against the Catholic versus Protestant violence. In January of 1969, Catholic organised marchers were attacked by protestants, but were?
- Battle of Burnthall at Bridge
- The Bogside march
- Battle of Bogside
- The Derry march
5. After this a trial was held only 10 weeks later. What story did the troops maintain?
- They were shot at first
- They were only obeying orders
- They were at fault
- the dead men were all IRA activists who were shooting aimlessly at the crowd