1. The 1 PARA troops were stationed to divert the marchers. What casualties occurred during the march?
- 13 dead unarmed men, 17 injured
- 17 injured
- 13 dead mean including 1 soldier and 17 injured
- 13 dead men
1 of 16
Other questions in this quiz
2. The Saville enquiry of 1997 cost £200 million and took 12 years to reach a verdict but what was the verdict?
- Tribunal confirms victims were innocent, and that British soldiers deliberately lied and attempted to cover up what happened.
- The events on bloody Sunday cannot be clearly established however, the protesters fired the first shot but the army were still out of line.
- The vistims were innocent however the British soldiers, who acted against orders were to blame the army were not to blame.
- Tribunal confirms that some of the victims were innocent, and that British soldiers deliberately lied and attempted to cover up what happened.
3. The IRA split, many new young and more radical Catholics joined, what did the second group become known as?
- The Provisional IRA
- IRA Youth movement
4. What did many Catholics turn to after feeling unsafe?
5. Who said this: "Some members of our armed forces acted wrongly, and the government take responsibility for the armed forces"
- Political activists
- Tony Blair
- David Cameron
- A family member of one of the victims