1. After this a trial was held only 10 weeks later. What story did the troops maintain?
- They were shot at first
- They were only obeying orders
- They were at fault
- the dead men were all IRA activists who were shooting aimlessly at the crowd
1 of 16
Other questions in this quiz
2. It is thought that around 15000 marchers would march in 1972 on Bloody Sunday. But where we they to march to?
- Catholic controlled areas
- The Derry town centre
- Protestant controlled areas
3. Who said this: "Some members of our armed forces acted wrongly, and the government take responsibility for the armed forces"
- Political activists
- David Cameron
- A family member of one of the victims
- Tony Blair
4. What did many Catholics turn to after feeling unsafe?
5. Who mainly made up the attackers at the battle of Burnthall at Bridge, making the Catholics feel very unsafe?
- Off-duty police officers
- Radical youth
- The IRA
- The first battalion of the parachute regiment