1. Which of the following symptoms is common as a result of thalassaemia?
- Increased flow through mitochondrion
- Decreased erythropoiesis
- Increased erythropoiesis
- Decreased flow through mitochondrion
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Each haemoglobin sub-unit consists of two parts. What are they?
- Haemos chain and globos ring
- Globin chain and cytosine ring
- Globin chain and porphyrn ring
- Haem chain and globin ring
3. Adult haemoglobin type 1 (HbA) consists of what?
- 2 Beta & 2 Gamma chains
- 2 Alpha & 2 Gamma chains
- 2 Alpha & 2 Beta chains
- 2 Alpha & 2 Delta chains
4. A mutation in which chain causes sickle cell disease?
- Delta chain
- Alpha cain
- Beta chain
- Gamma chain
5. What is Dalton's Law?
- Every cloud has a silver lining
- The partial pressure of any individual gas is independent of other gases in a mixture
- Total pressure is equivalent to the sum of the partial pressures
- Each gas has its own solubility coefficient