1. True or false: at equilibrium, the partial pressure of a gas in solution is equal to that of the gaseous form?
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Each haemoglobin sub-unit consists of two parts. What are they?
- Globin chain and cytosine ring
- Globin chain and porphyrn ring
- Haemos chain and globos ring
- Haem chain and globin ring
3. What is the specific mutation for sickle cell disease?
- Cytosine for Guanine at Codon 5
- Glycine for Leucine at Codon 3
- Valine for Glutamine at Codon 6
- Adenine for Cytosine at Codon 4
4. What are the two main ways in which oxygen is carried around the body?
- In oxygen tubes called Paratha and dissolved in plasma
- Dissolved in plasma and bound to haemoglobin
- Bound to haemoglobin and in oxygen tubes called Paratha
- In lymphatics and bound to haemoglobin
5. From what week of gestation are embryonic forms of Hb replaced by HbF?
- Week 14
- Week 15
- Week 13
- Week 12