1. Approximately what is the resting oxygen consumption of the body?
- 1 l/min
- 5 l/min
- 250 ml/min
- 500 ml/min
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Approximately how much of HbA is HbF?
3. Why do sickle cell abnormalities not manifest themselves until approximately 6 months of age?
- At 6 months, the child learns to stand upright and walk
- At 6 months, HbA starts to replace HbF
- At 6 months, there is a large increase in the quantity of erythropoeitin
- At 6 months, Glycine is switched for Leucine at Codon 3
4. What is the specific mutation for sickle cell disease?
- Cytosine for Guanine at Codon 5
- Glycine for Leucine at Codon 3
- Valine for Glutamine at Codon 6
- Adenine for Cytosine at Codon 4
5. What is Dalton's Law?
- Each gas has its own solubility coefficient
- Total pressure is equivalent to the sum of the partial pressures
- The partial pressure of any individual gas is independent of other gases in a mixture
- Every cloud has a silver lining