1. By 1929, why did people support Stalin in ending the NEP and putting peasants into collectives?
- There were shortages of grain because the peasants did not want to give it to the government
- The peasants were rioting and causing disruption
- There were shortages of grain because the was a famine
- The NEP was too expensive
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which policy did Trotsky support in 1925?
- Socialism in One Country
- Permanent Revolution
- The NEP
3. Why did Lenin's Last Testament make it harder to find a successor to lead the party?
- It advised that Stalin should become leader of the USSR, but other Bolsheviks didn't want this.
- It criticised all prominent Bolsheviks and gave no instructions on what to do after his death
- No one could read what it said.
- It was lost, so no one knew what Lenin had wanted.
4. Why did the Right Wing support Stalin in 1925?
- They belived his policy of Socialism in One Country fit with their wish for gradual industrialisation
- They believed that Socialism in One Country fit with their wish to end the NEP
- They wanted to defeat the Left Wing
- Stalin and Bukharin became close friends
5. Who wrote the article "Lessons of October" in 1924?