1. Why did Lenin's Last Testament make it harder to find a successor to lead the party?
- It advised that Stalin should become leader of the USSR, but other Bolsheviks didn't want this.
- It criticised all prominent Bolsheviks and gave no instructions on what to do after his death
- No one could read what it said.
- It was lost, so no one knew what Lenin had wanted.
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. Who wrote the article "Lessons of October" in 1924?
3. Why did Trotsky's personality stop him becoming leader of the USSR?
- He had moodswings
- He was arrogant and rude, and unpleasant to those he considered stupid
- He was working-class and the people thought he was coarse and thuggish
- He was considered too soft
4. By 1929, why did people support Stalin in ending the NEP and putting peasants into collectives?
- There were shortages of grain because the peasants did not want to give it to the government
- There were shortages of grain because the was a famine
- The NEP was too expensive
- The peasants were rioting and causing disruption
5. In what year did Lenin die following a series of strokes?