1. Who joined together to form the United Opposition in 1926?
- Stalin, Bukharin and Molotov
- Kamenev, Zinoviev and Trotsky
- Stalin, Trotsky and Kamenev
- Stalin, Kamenev and Zinoviev
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. By 1929, why did people support Stalin in ending the NEP and putting peasants into collectives?
- There were shortages of grain because the peasants did not want to give it to the government
- The peasants were rioting and causing disruption
- There were shortages of grain because the was a famine
- The NEP was too expensive
3. Why did the Right Wing support Stalin in 1925?
- Stalin and Bukharin became close friends
- They belived his policy of Socialism in One Country fit with their wish for gradual industrialisation
- They wanted to defeat the Left Wing
- They believed that Socialism in One Country fit with their wish to end the NEP
4. Why did Trotsky's personality stop him becoming leader of the USSR?
- He was arrogant and rude, and unpleasant to those he considered stupid
- He was considered too soft
- He was working-class and the people thought he was coarse and thuggish
- He had moodswings
5. Who wrote the article "Lessons of October" in 1924?