1. Who contradicted Money and Erdharts study of exposing girls to androgen during pregnancy, causes male like behaviour?
- Hines - Girls who suffer from CAH show little difference in behaviour
- Todhunter - Girls who had higher levels of male hormone did not show any male like behaviour
- South - Girls who were given male hormones during the critical period only shows male like behaviour in sports
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. When do the external organs begin to grow?
- 4 months
- 6 months
- 3 months
3. Berenbaum (1992) contradicts Hines by stating what about girls with CAH?
- That they tend not to take in a female role in later life
- That they are more interested in male activities
- That they are more aggressive towards authority
4. What does Young look at in the role of gender and hormones?
- Case Studies - Giving girls testosterone during the critical period = male like behaviour
- Animal research - Female rats given male hormones during critical period adopt their behaviour
- Animal research - If males are given more testosterone than needed then they show erratic behaviour
5. What does Green say about the release of testosterone?
- If released then the brain will develop abnormally
- If not released then the brain will develop into a female form
- If not released then the brain will develop into a male form
Similar Psychology resources: