1. What does Green say about the release of testosterone?
- If not released then the brain will develop into a female form
- If not released then the brain will develop into a male form
- If released then the brain will develop abnormally
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. What does Young look at in the role of gender and hormones?
- Animal research - Female rats given male hormones during critical period adopt their behaviour
- Animal research - If males are given more testosterone than needed then they show erratic behaviour
- Case Studies - Giving girls testosterone during the critical period = male like behaviour
3. Who contradicted Money and Erdharts study of exposing girls to androgen during pregnancy, causes male like behaviour?
- South - Girls who were given male hormones during the critical period only shows male like behaviour in sports
- Hines - Girls who suffer from CAH show little difference in behaviour
- Todhunter - Girls who had higher levels of male hormone did not show any male like behaviour
4. Why is this theory reductionist?
- Does not take into account environmental factors or individual difference
- Does not take into account the social factors
- Does not take into account the behavioural approach
5. Dalton looks at how behaviour changes are linked to the menstrual cycle, how was this study carried out?
- Looking at when crimes were committed (60-80% during menstrual cycle)
- Looked at the aggression towards peers
- Looked at the increase of particular hormones and their effects on the individuals behaviour