1. What does a judge or magistrate need to consider when passing a sentence?
- How inconsistent the punishment should be
- What he hasn't achieved by passing that particular sentence
- What he achieved by passing that particular sentence
- How consistent the punishment should be
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which aim of sentencing is revenge associated with?
3. What will courts take into account, when sentencing?
- The IQ of the defendant
- The age of the defendant
- The social class of the defendant
- The race of the defendant
4. What does the threat of punishment do?
- It reinforces moral boundaries and acceptable conduct
- It adds an element of revenge for society
- It deters others from committing similar offences.
- It rehabilitates the community
5. What is retribution?
- It is punishing the offender because he has committed a crime against the state.
- This reinforces moral boundaries and acceptable conduct.
- This is when it is deemed necessary to protect the public by restricting the offender from the public domain.
- Is to reduce crime by the threat of example of punishment.