1. What does a judge or magistrate need to consider when passing a sentence?
- How consistent the punishment should be
- What he achieved by passing that particular sentence
- What he hasn't achieved by passing that particular sentence
- How inconsistent the punishment should be
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. What will courts take into account, when sentencing?
- The age of the defendant
- The race of the defendant
- The social class of the defendant
- The IQ of the defendant
3. What is retribution?
- Is to reduce crime by the threat of example of punishment.
- It is punishing the offender because he has committed a crime against the state.
- This is when it is deemed necessary to protect the public by restricting the offender from the public domain.
- This reinforces moral boundaries and acceptable conduct.
4. Which aim of sentencing is revenge associated with?
5. What is general deterrence?
- When criminnals should pay compensation to the victim or payback society by community work.
- The punishment will be so unpleasent that the offender will not want to re-offend
- It operates not just to prevent others but to also set acceptable standards
- It attempts to reduce crime by rehabilitation