1. How many levels does dererrence operate on?
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which aim of sentencing is revenge associated with?
3. What is general deterrence?
- When criminnals should pay compensation to the victim or payback society by community work.
- The punishment will be so unpleasent that the offender will not want to re-offend
- It operates not just to prevent others but to also set acceptable standards
- It attempts to reduce crime by rehabilitation
4. What does the threat of punishment do?
- It reinforces moral boundaries and acceptable conduct
- It deters others from committing similar offences.
- It rehabilitates the community
- It adds an element of revenge for society
5. What is retribution?
- Is to reduce crime by the threat of example of punishment.
- This reinforces moral boundaries and acceptable conduct.
- It is punishing the offender because he has committed a crime against the state.
- This is when it is deemed necessary to protect the public by restricting the offender from the public domain.