1. Which aim of sentencing is revenge associated with?
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. What will courts take into account, when sentencing?
- The IQ of the defendant
- The age of the defendant
- The social class of the defendant
- The race of the defendant
3. What is retribution?
- Is to reduce crime by the threat of example of punishment.
- This reinforces moral boundaries and acceptable conduct.
- It is punishing the offender because he has committed a crime against the state.
- This is when it is deemed necessary to protect the public by restricting the offender from the public domain.
4. How many levels does dererrence operate on?
5. What is general deterrence?
- It attempts to reduce crime by rehabilitation
- It operates not just to prevent others but to also set acceptable standards
- The punishment will be so unpleasent that the offender will not want to re-offend
- When criminnals should pay compensation to the victim or payback society by community work.