1. What will courts take into account, when sentencing?
- The age of the defendant
- The IQ of the defendant
- The race of the defendant
- The social class of the defendant
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. What aim of sentencing is backward-looking?
3. What does the threat of punishment do?
- It adds an element of revenge for society
- It deters others from committing similar offences.
- It reinforces moral boundaries and acceptable conduct
- It rehabilitates the community
4. What is individual deterrence?
- The punishment will be so unpleasent that the offender will not want to reoffend.
- It prevents others from carrying out similar behaviour but also to set acceptable standards
- It is only concerned with the crime committed and not any othe aim
- This reinforces moral boundaries and acceptable conduct.
5. How many levels does dererrence operate on?