1. How many levels does dererrence operate on?
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. What does the threat of punishment do?
- It reinforces moral boundaries and acceptable conduct
- It adds an element of revenge for society
- It deters others from committing similar offences.
- It rehabilitates the community
3. What aim of sentencing is backward-looking?
4. What quotes is linked to retribution?
- 'An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth'
- 'To turn the other cheek'
- 'Believe those who are seeking truth; doubt those who find it'
- 'There's more to the truth than just facts'
5. What is general deterrence?
- When criminnals should pay compensation to the victim or payback society by community work.
- The punishment will be so unpleasent that the offender will not want to re-offend
- It operates not just to prevent others but to also set acceptable standards
- It attempts to reduce crime by rehabilitation