KeyStudy3:Ross et al-The impact of protective shields and videotape testimony on conviction rates.
Aim: If the use of protective shields and videotaped testimony increases the liklihood of a guilty verdict.
- mock trail based on an actualy court transcript was set up.
- three versions were filmed:
1.child actor gave evidence in open court
2.Behind a screen
3.via a videolink.
- 300 psychology students equally split on gender were recruited 100 to each condition.
- two and a half hour film of the case
- film included the child's father(accused),the mother,two expert…