Drinking water needs to be good quality
1) Water's essential for life, but it must be free of poisonous salts (e.g. phosphates and nitrates) and harmful microbes. Microbes in water can cause diseases such as cholera and dysentery.
2) Moat of our drinking water comes from reservoirs. Water flows into reservoirs from rivers and ground water- water companies choose to build reservoirs where there's a good supply of clean water.
Water from reservoirs goes to the water treatment works for treatment:
1) The water passes through a mesh screen to remove big bits like twigs
2) Chemicals are added to make solids and microbes stick together and fall to the bottom.
3) The water is filtered through gravel beds to move all the solids
4) Water is…