*They were set up during WW2
* They're set up for new acts = if rights/welfare is going to be a problem or if they think there's going to be a dispute.
*There are 70 different types of tribunals
* Rents tribunals, Race discrimination tribunal
*They are a panel of 3 professionals
* 2,000 locations where they can be held
* Franks enquirey 1957 assessed how tribunals were doing after the Crichel Down affair - openess, fairness nad impartiality (2000)
* After this there was the Tribunals and enquiries act 1958 - counci of tribunals. Only 15 members and v.little power. They could only make recconmendations