The Germans hated everything about the treaty:
- They were angry that they had not been allowed to negotiate.
- 'Deutsche Zeitung', a German newspaper, vowed: "We will never stop until we win back what we deserve."
- Count Brockdorff-Rantzau, leader of the German delegation at Versailles said Article 231- the war-guilt clause - was: "a lie". Germany officially denied the war-guilt clause in 1927.
- There was a revolution (the Kapp Putsch) against the treaty in Berlin in 1920.
- Germany hated reparations. It had to be made to pay in 1921, defaulted in…