Section 2: To what extent was the League of Nations a success?
How did the League of Nations work?
The aims of the League
A covenant set out the aims of the League of Nations. These were:
- to discourage agression from any nation.
- to encourage countries to co-operate, in trade
- to encourage nations to disarm
- to improve living conditions and working conditions of people in all parts of the world.
Membership of the League of Nations
* The USA was NOT in the league.
Britain and France were the most powerful nations in the League. Italy and Japan were also permanent members of the council. Any action taken by the League needed…