From the Paris Peace Conference in 1919, Woodrow Wilson (American President) invented the idea of the League of Nations.
- Wanted the League of Nations to be like a world parliment
- The British were sceptical of the League
- The French thought the League was to be a strong organisation with an army.
- All major powers to join the League and to disarm.
- All disputes between countries solved by the League.
- All countries to accept the decision made by the League
- To protect one another if a war broke out.
- To place Economic Sanctions (Stop trading) with a Country and send troops if the dispute continued.
1 of 1
Similar History resources: