- Created by: kirby
- Created on: 05-05-11 10:03
The league of nations
The league of nations had 4 main aims these were
- maintain peace by discouraging aggresion from any nation
- promote disarment
- encouage cooperation among nations
- improve the living and working condiitions of people across the world
how did the league work ?
- all countries wold join
- all countires would disarm
- nations would take disputes to the league to the league and accept the decision of the league
- nations would uphold the principle of collective security
what are the weeknesses of the league ?
- the absence of the usa
- germany was excluded by the peace settlement becuase of it "war guilt"
- the league had no army of it's own
what are the strenghts of the league ?
- most of the powerful nations of the world joined, includeing Britain,France,Italy and Japan
- all members were represented in assembly and the most powerful nations met reguarly in the council, which also came together in times of emergency to resolve a crisis
1 of 1