- Created by: CrystalFletcher
- Created on: 28-11-15 18:58
- The Weimar Republic faced opposition from the outset in 1919, after the signing of the Treaty of Versailles. Economic hardship affected the whole nation and led to uprising and assassination.
- The Weimar Republic was created at a time of confusion and chaos after Germany had lost the First World War. Many people felt that Germany had received a very harsh deal in the Treaty of Versailles and they resented the government for signing it and agreeing to its conditions.
- The Weimar Republic faced violent uprisings from various groups, not to mention the devastating economic problems.
- Germany between 1918 and 1919 was in chaos. People were starving, the Kaiser had fled and people hated the government for signing the armistice in November 1918- they called them the November criminals. Bands of soldiers called the Freikorps refused to disband and formed private armies. It was not a good time for the Republic.