- Created by: elisebrookenathan
- Created on: 12-03-20 13:29
The Magna Carta
- June 1215
- John stamps his seal authorising the great charter which had been written up by the Barons
- The great charter reflected complaints from the Barons about increased government involvement that they were expected to provide
- The great charter was important because it meant that even the king was expected to abide by the law.
The Road to Magna Carta
- after Johns defeat in in France the barons gathered in Bury St Edmunds to discuss their grievances with the king.
- The Barons were angry that they would be…