- Created by: EstherTheBunny
- Created on: 30-08-12 21:54
Minimalism - common features
- Repeating patterns that gradually vary over time.
- Chords change very slowly as notes are gradually added and removed.
- Diatonic harmony- in Electric Counterpoint, there are 2 different keys but no chromatic notes in either key.
- Originates from African Drumming.
- Little variety in instrumentation; e.g.: only guitars are used in Electric Counterpoint.
- Commissioned by the Brookly Academy of Music in New York for the famous jazz guitarist Pat Methany.