- assumption: social learning theory assumes that the environment will strongly infulence behaviour acnd that learning by reinforcemnet will take place.
- humans imitate or model behaviour, this behaviour is then reinforced by consequences (operant conditioning).
- therefore, humans will observe others using aggression and imitate their aggression in a similar situation.
- if they are successful (rewarded), the behaviour is reinforced and will continue, often being tried in different situations (generalised).
- this theory is supported by BANDURA et al's. bobo doll study.
- they arranged for boys and girls aged 3-5 to watch adults play with toys and Bobo doll.
- half were exposed to adults behaving aggressively towads Bobo, while the other…