- assumption of behaviourist approach- behaviour can be explained interms of operant conditioning.
- as behaviourists believe that our environment is influenced by our interactions with the enviornment, if we manipulate our behaviour we can establish that cause of certain behaviour.
- thus, behaviourists use experiments to see if this is true.
- bandura et al comducted a series of experiments to support his socail learning theory.
- in the experiment children were observed, if they acted aggressively towards the bobo doll, if they experienced an adult role model acting aggressively towards bobo.
- one strength of lab experiments is that they offer an objective means of studying human behaviour.
- as the experiment will follow set, standardised procedures, this means the experiment can be repeated again (replicated) by others to demonstrate the validity of the findings.
- another strenghth, is that lab experiments is the only way to stuy causal relationships because extraneous variables can be controlled.
- HOWEVER, one…
Similar Psychology resources: