- Created by: Davidx
- Created on: 06-04-15 22:57
Developed by William Smith, Motorola - 1980
Six Sigma is a management strategy where by customer satisfaction is maximised and defects are minimised.
- Managed from top management and looks for bottom line financial results
- Disciplined, data driven approach of continually improving process control quality and productivity to result in bottom-line profitability.
- Largely reduces the amount of variability in a process, leading to predictable and consistent output.
- Emphasises data supported by statistical measures and analysis to make logical improvements to processes.
(1) Six Sigma is driven by the customer and thus aims to achieve maximum customer satisfaction and minimizing the defects.