- Created by: Harvey Newport
- Created on: 11-03-20 19:48
Waves are one of the waves in which energy may be transferred between stores. Waves can be described as oscillations, or vibrations about a rest position. An example of this would be
- Sound waves cause air particles to vibrate back and forth
- Ripples cause water particles to vibrate up and down
The direction of these ocillations is the difference between longlitudinal or transverse waves.
- Longitudinal Waves: the vibrations are parallel to the direction of wave travel
- Transverse waves: the vibrations are at right angles to the direction of wave travel.
Mechanical waves cause oscillations of particles in a…