The 5 senses. Touch, taste, smell, sound and smell.
- The skin is sensitive to pressure and temperatures.
- The tongue responds to the chemicals in food.
- The nose senses chemicals in the air.
- They pick up sound waves and chemicals in the air also.
- The eye is sensitive to light and it is responsible for your sight.
Learn the eye with all its different parts:
- Cornea = It bends the light
- Iris = It controls how much light enters the pupil.
- Lenses focuses = Focuses light onto the retina
- The retina is light-sensitive. The retina is covered in rods and cones which allow the light to be detected.
- Rods are more sensitive to dull colours like black and brown.
- Cones are more sensitive to natural colours like yellow, green and red.
- If someone is colour blind it may be because of the lack of cone cells.
- Optic nerve = Carriers impulses from the receptors to the brain.
Focusing on near and distant objects:
- Eyes focus on the light by changing…