Slides in this set
P4 Part 1
Uses/dangers of static
Wiring electrical safety double insulated
Current/Voltage/ resistance (units)
Ammeter and Voltmeter Use
Series and parallel circuits…read more
· Electrons have a Negative charge.
· It is electrons that move when objects become
gaining electrons= negative charge
losing electrons = positive charge
· Opposite charges attract.
· Charge will not build up if there is a
conducting route to earth (the object is
How does static charge build up?
Static charge can build up when
two insulating materials are rubbed
together, such as a plastic comb
moving through hair.
Friction between the materials
causes electrons to be transferred
from one material to the other:
One material ends up with more electrons,
so it now has an overall negative charge.
One material ends up with fewer electrons,
so it now has an overall positive charge.
* of 38 © Boardworks Ltd 2007…read more