Measuring the energy content of fuel
- Different fuels give out different amounts of energy when they burn.
- To measure how much energy they give out, you have to:
- Calorimetric is an experiment which involves heating water and burning a liquid fuel
- If you then measure how much fuel you've burned and how much the temperature of the water has changed then you can work out how much energy is supplied per gram of fuel
- Specific heat capacity is the amount of energy needed to raise the temperature of 1 gram of water by 1 degree. The specific heat capacity of water is 4.2.…