- Light, shiny surfaces are the worst emitters of radiation. Rescue teams use light shiny thermal blankets to keep accident survivors warm.
- Dark, matt surfaces are the best emitters of radiation.
- To compare the two surfaces:
- You can measure how fast two cans of hot water cool.
- One surface of the can is light and shiny, and the other is dark and matt.
- The volume and starting temperature must be the same.
- You would find that the water in the can with the light and shiny surface cools the least.
- When a photocopier is used, infrared radiation from a lamp is used to dry the ink…