Slides in this set
P2 1.1 Distance-time graphs
· The distance time graph for any object that is
stationary is a horizontal line
moving at a constant speed is a straight line that slopes
· The gradient of a distance time graph for an object represents the
· Speed in metres per second, m/s =
Distance travelled in metres, m
time taken in seconds, s…read more
P2 1.2 Velocity and
· Velocity is speed in a given direction.
· Acceleration is the change of velocity per second. The
unit of acceleration is the metre per second squared.
· Acceleration = change of velocity ÷ time taken
· Deceleration is the change of velocity per second
when an object slows down.…read more
P2 1.3 More about velocity-
· If a velocity-time graph is a horizontal line, the
acceleration is zero.
· The gradient of the line on a velocity-time graph
· The area under the line on a velocity-time graph
represents distance travelled.…read more
P2 1.4 Using graphs
· The speed of an object is given by the gradient of the
line on its distance-time graph.
· The acceleration of an object is given by the gradient
of the line on its velocity-time graph.
· The distance travelled by an object is given by the area
under the line of its velocity-time graph.…read more
P2 2.1 Forces between objects
· A force can change the shape of an object or change
its motion or its state of rest.
· The unit force is newton (N).
· When two objects interact, they always exert equal
and opposite forces on each other.…read more