- Mozart Symphony No 40 in G minor
- Key is G Minor modulates to Bb major.
- Lots of imitation between the clarinets and bassoons.
- Time signature is 4/4,
- Large orchestra- introduction of clarinet.
- Sonata form- exposition, development, recapitulation.
- Ornaments and trills used.
- Has two subjects
- Subject 1 has q and a. 4 bar then 4 bars.
- Subject 2 is more lyrical and relaxed.
- Tempo marking- molto allegro- very fast.
Handel 'And the glory of the Lord
- Time signature is 3/4.
- Key signature is A major with modulations to E major and B major.
- hemiola rhythms in violins bars 9&10.
- The piece is based around 4 main ideas.
- Written for soprano, alto, tenor and bass.
- Small orchestra mostly strings, some woodwind, no brass
- Terraced dynamics- no crescendos or diminuendos.
- There is a basso continuo.
- Highest note is an A sung by the sopranos.
- Piece ends on a Plagal Cadence- chord VI to chord I.
Chopin Prelude in Db major
- Key signature is Db major/C# minor.
- There is a constant Ab to represent the raindrops.
- The time signature is 4/4.
- Acciaccatura- very short note
- Septuplet- seven notes in the space of a crotcher beat
- Structure is ABA
- There is an added codetta.
- Section A is a 'light rainfall' as the cords are broken up , also p marking.
- Section B is 'stormy' as there are block chords and f is the marking.
- Sostenuto- sustained notes
- Piece ends on Ritenuto- hold back the tempo
Peripetie by Arnold Shoenberg
- Loosely Rondo form
- Shoenberg stretches instruments to their extreme ranges.
- Note lengths differ from semibreves to demi semiquavers.
- Klangfarbenmelodie- seperates parts into different instruments.
- Hauptismme and Nebentismme voices.
- Hexachords are any six pitches in a scale
- The remaining six are called the Complement.
- Extreme dynamics from pp to fff.
- Based around 3 motifs.
- At the beginning, the three motifs are played followed by a…
Similar Music resources: