Miles Davis, All Blues
· It is a mostly calm and quiet piece
· Most of it is mf (moderately loud)
· There are a few loud trumpet bits
· The ensemble play p during the solos
· 6/4 time signature (it might like 3/4 but its not!)
· It has fairly lyrical rhythms
· Syncopated/swung rhythms.
· It is marked ‘jazz waltz’
· It is played at a moderate speed.
· The tempo is the same throughout.
· It sounds very laid-back.
· All Blues was recorded in only 1 take.
· The soloists were only told the structure, chord sequence, main melodic ideas and which mode/scale to…