- From West Africa, in Burkina Faso.
- Koko- a group of 6 musicians, lead by singer and balafon player Madou Kone.
- It is the fourth track in the album 'Burkina Faso: Balafons et Tambours d'Afrique in 2002.
- Yiri is the local word for 'wood', which could refer to the fact that all the instruments in the piece are made of wood, apart from the bell.
1 of 2
Background-All Blues, Miles Davis
- Jazz originates from South America in the early 20th century, sung by African slaves.
- Main feature of jazz, across all types of jazz, is improvisation.
- Miles Davis was one of the best known Jazz trumpeters, and he developed modal Jazz, which All Blues is an example of.
- Bebop jazz is a fast and virtuosic type of jazz, with improvisations based on complex chord progressions.
- Modal, however, is more laid-back and uncomplicated.
- All Blues is from the album Kind of Blue, which was recorded in New York on 2 March and 22 April 1959.
- From a sextet, a group of 6 players.
2 of 2
Similar Music resources: