- dislike of the consensus that had developed since WW2.
- strong ideas and followed these throughout her time in office
- a conviction politician; that is that she had strong views on principles and these were at the core of her policies.
- brought up a Methodist, and the ideas of self reliance and hard work stayed with her
- follower of monetarist economics, a rebirth of classical liberal ideas on the moral right of the free market individualism
- influenced by the economist Friedrich von Hayek and the Conservative politician Keith Joseph
- followed their path by agreeing that the role of government was not to involve itself in the welfare of it’s’ citizens, but to provide the conditions by which individuals were free to make their own decisions and choices
- distrusted trade union…