- Ralph considers his options as he tries to hide and avoid danger.
- He encounters the pigs head and experiences fear and anger, lashing out at it and taking awa the spear that suppourted it.
- Ralph goes to speak to Sam and Eric at Castle Rock, but their manner is discouraging, telling Ralph that Roger has a stick sharperend at both ends.
- Ralph becomes awear that he is totally alone.
- Jack and the hunters track Ralph as if he were an animal.
- Jack sets most of the island on fire to smoke Ralph out.
- the smoke from the fire is seen by a passing ship.
- Ralph, exhausted, collapses on the beach. He looks up to see the friendly face of a rescuing naval officer.
Similar English Literature resources: