If you are listening to this in audio please do follow the notes as well as pictures are not given.
Logic Gates - An electronic circuit that performs boolean function
- There are 3 main Logic Gates AND, OR and NOT gate(but in the picture below it is called the inverter), there are other gates which do the function of a NOT gate and an OR and an And gate they are known as NAND gate and NOR gate.
- Logic Gates are the basis of all logic circuits, inputs and outputs from electronic logic gates are in form of voltage.
Combination of AND and OR and NOT Gates
- AND, OR and NOT gates are connected to perform Boolean Functions.
- When we want to invert a boolean equation we use a bar, which is a line on top of the equation.
Exclusive OR Function - the output is true if either input is true but not if both inputs are true
- Exclusive OR is also known as EX OR or XOR Function
- Look at truth table to see a better view of the difference
- If you look OR gives an output of a 1 if any of the inputs are true where as XOR or EX OR will gives a 1…