- Created by: joash Johnson
- Created on: 19-12-10 20:09
if you are listening to this in a audio please also follow the Text
Boolean Variable - Have 2 Discrete values - true and False
- False is Usually - 0
- True is Usually - 1
OR Function : The output is true if either or both inputs are true.
- If both gates are open the output is false
- whereas for example if A is open and B is closed the value is still true
- another way of representation the information is through Boolean Equation.
- Eg: A(closed) + B(closed) = Q(Output = true)
- A = A gate
- + = Is not a plus sign but AN OR SIGN
- B= A gate
- Q = Output(Could be a lamp)
- So it could be written as A+(or) B = Q
- You can also draw a truth table another way of representing it
- OR Gate Symbol
And Function - the output is true only if all the input are true
- This gives output to be true only if all the situations are met for instance
- Lamp on if :supply is on= true AND door open = true, only then will the light turn on .
- Where as it would not work if : Supply is on = True And Door is open = False : in this case the light will not turn on because the conditions have not been met
- Lets take…