- The belief that determinism is false and so people are free to make their own choices and are therefore responsible for their actions.
- We are not compelled by external forces, moral actions are the result of character and values of the individual.
- Libertarianism appeals to our intuitions. - we see ourselves as free agents, able to make our own choices, not puppets or robots, we have a mind and so it seems reasonable to conclude that having a mind is necessary in order to have free will.
- It is like choosing which branch to follow on a road, whereas determinism is a road without any branches.
- We 'make our actions because when questioned about them, we blame ourselves or wonder if we…
Similar Religious Studies resources: