- Created by: studybuddy1101
- Created on: 10-05-21 13:09
Lenin's consolidation of power:
The Constituent Assembly:
-Lenin initially supported the institution as it would legitimize the Bolshevik control if they won the elections.
- However, they did not win, they were outvoted nearly two to one Bolsheviks won 24% of the vote, 175 seats, and the SRs won 48% and 370 seats.
- Lenin dissolved the assembly at gunpoint a day after they started their first session claiming that the elections had been rigged by the SRs and Kadets.
- Decree on peace Oct 1917: an appeal for all warring nations to enter talks- Lenin knew that peace with Germany was essential for Bolshevik's survival.
- Decree on Land Nov 1917: gave the Bolshevik approval to the peasant revolts in the countryside; overthrowing their landlords.
- Decree on Workers' Control Nov 1917: accepted the worker's takeover of factories but ruled industrial output must not fall.
- Decree on Nationalisation June 1918: laid down a program for the takeover by the state of the larger industrial concerns.
- Took charge of all existing institutions for the regulation of economic life.
- Nationalised banks + railways
- Foreign debts canceled
- Transport system improved
Treaty of Brest-Litovsk:
Lenin wanted the war to end with immediate peace, peace with Germany would strengthen Lenin's grip on the party and gave him the opportunity to expel the…