- Created by: IonaRobinson2001
- Created on: 29-12-18 12:22
- Took place from 3-7 July 1917 in Petrograd, Russia.
- Kronstadt sailors organised their own armed uprising using Bolshevik slogans
How did this affect Lenin?
- Lenin could neither turn the sailors away, as they were demonstrating in his name, nor encourage them, as he was not yet ready to carry out a revolution. He was placed in a very difficult position, where any decision he took would have major disadvantages for the political advancement of the party.
How did the Bolsheviks react to the July Days?
- They tried to turn it into a peaceful revolution, but shots were fired at the demonstrators, causing uncontrolled rioting…