- Observation: collecting information about clients by taking measurements.
- Social perception: being aware of a person's likely feelings, needs and intentions. (Shown by facial expression, posture and tone of voice)
- Working alongside: working in contact with a client either by working on an activity in order to encourage them to join in.
- Modelling: observing and imitating the behaviour of another person.
- Setting challenges: suggesting tasks or activities to clients that will stimulate them, and perhaps help them to improve their abilities, skills or confidence.
- Communication: talking, listening and allowing people to ask questions and giving answers using writing, reading…