Remember the Learning Objectives
AO1 - Well structured Essay writing
- Use of appropriate critical vocabulary and technically fluent style/well structured and coherent argument
- Always relevant with very sharp focus on task and confidently ranging around texts
AO2 - Language, Structure and Form
- Exploration and analysis of key features of form and structure with perceptive evaluation of how they shape meanings
- Exploration and analysis of key aspects of language with perceptive evaluation of how they shape meanings
A03 - Different Interpretations of the Text
- Detailed and perceptive understanding of issues raised in connecting texts
- Perceptive consideration of different interpretations of texts with sharp evaluation of their strengths and weakness and with excellent selection of supportive references
A04 - Context or History that could of influenced the Text
- Excellent understanding of ways of contextualising
- Excellent understanding of a range of other contextual factors with specific, detailed links between context/text/task
How do you write an A/A* Grade answer in your English Lit Exam?
- Zoom in on specific details
- Zoom out to discuss the entire text
- Evaluate your variety of analysis (which is more significant, accurate, etc.)
- Debate: discuss a variety of interpretations
- Be fluent in the terminology
- Stay focused on the question (keep referring back to it)
- Don’t make general comments; be specific!!
- Give specific examples, when discussing context.
- Link to the…