Socialism- A political and economic theory of social organisation which advocates that the means of production, distribution and exchange should be owned and regulated by the community as a whole.
- Nationalisation of: Railways (1948), Bank of England (1946), Iron and Steel Industries (1949), Coal (1947), Civil Aviation (1946) and Road Haulage (1947)
- 1949 Parliament Act- Lords can only delay HOC's bills by 1 year (not 2)
- Trades Disputes Act (1946)- Politicial Levy re-established (reversed Baldwin's 1927 Act)
- Tackled 5 Societal ills in the Beveridge Report of 1942:
- 1945 Family Allowances, 5s per week for second…
Similar History resources: